Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Thursday 10 March 2011

Not Just a Grumpy Old Woman

But grumpy nonetheless.  It is trashy tabloid time again. ( Note to self:  I really should stop even looking at it.  I don't do anger well.)
However, this time the anger isn't at the journalism, but at the story they covered, which you can view in its ugly entirety here.
Essentially a man who assaulted his wife so badly he was sentenced to 17 years' jail has asked for ownership of the couple's former home and part of his ex-partner's victim's compensation payment!!!!!.
Words fail me.  I resent the oxygen used by specimens like this one.  Fortunately the judge agreed.
To prove that I am not just grumpy I will move speedily on to better things.  Lifeline was busy today so I came home feeling a little like chewed string.  To be greeted at the door with the news that superb parrots visited us today. Aren't they beautiful?  They are out of their territory by more than 100 kilometres here so we always feel privileged to see them.




And the smaller portion had put a champage flute and a piccolo of bubbly in the fridge to reward me for a gruelling day and a job well done so now I am feeling more than a little mellow.  Except towards the man in the opening paragraphs (but that goes without saying).

13 comments:

  1. Hi E's Child! thanks for giving Lexicon H an award. So deserving! Query, is your cat called Jazz? My tortoiseshell is called Jazzy (name bestowed by toddlers who reared her semi-feral on a farm.) Bewt birdie pics. Peep peep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We acquired Jazz from the Cat Protection Society where he had been named Jazzpurr. I couldn't quite come at that - though he does purr heaps, so Jazz it is.
    And I agree, Lexicon Harlot was a fully deserving award winner. There are some magical blogs about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those lovely parrots must have known you needed a shift of focus! Just proves there is always something to get incensed about - which is why I stop watching the news for days on end - but thank goodness for the things that can make us mellow, like visiting birds and champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Two Tigers. You are right - it is now some time since I have been able to watch the news on the TV, though I can usually (but not always) read about it. I think my injustice button must have been on the surface this week so everything has pushed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are people like the man ('man' being a word that makes him, sadly, part of the human race) that can bring us all down but as my eleven year old is discovering this year, there is so much more to look forward to, appreciate and work hard at that makes things worthwhile. Corny - and rather clumsily put - but true. (my comment I mean, NOT your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another bird, book and blogger person - how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you nursemyra - I hadn't realised the alliterative nature of these of my obsessions till you commented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with you about that AWFUL waste of oxygen! Beautiful photos of the birds, however!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omigod it is you.I knew as soon as I read the post about your mother.I have thought about you so often since we lost touch.I have no idea about blog protocols and anonymity.I just dont get blogs. Can you email me @deewr. I am the one who worjkerd with you with same first name, partner of exactly the same years with same beard.We were there the night before you were diagonised when you picked up my small son James and collapsed. Please work out who I am and email me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon: It has been way tooooo long. I have emailed you but cannot remember whether your last name finishes with an s. If it doesn't I will try again when the first one bounces. Who would have thought ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never heard that news story. Glad too. Astonishing, truly astonishing. Disgusting.

    No, you're not just a grumpy woman! :)

    ReplyDelete