Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wednesday 25 May 2011

A more positive update.

Scary times have not left, but have eased.

Himself is through the operation which was a bit touch and go, and starting on the loooong road to recovery.  And is being encouraged to use morphine for the pain.  Which he has started doing.

I succeeded in tracking the doctor down this morning.  It is a good thing that I am a chronically early bird.  I was told that he does his rounds between 7 and 9 am.  When I arrived at 6.40 he had already completed more than half of them.  He really, really didn't want to talk to me, but I did get a little information out of him.  Sadly I will have to repeat the exercise a little later.  But for the moment the smaller portion is doing OK.

My boy's eyes started a morphine induced glaze over, so I headed back home a little before seven.  And, dammit, the bus didn't come so I had an hour to wait for the next.  Sigh.

I will head in to the hospital again around 3ish.

Thanks for all the messages of support.  They were much appreciated, though I have not been playing in the blogosphere very much.

PS:  A really nice thing.  One of the ambulance drivers who took us to the hospital on Monday, came in to visit the smaller person yesterday.  He was really chuffed, and I wept when he told me about it.  I will write them a thank you card.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my EC,
    I hope he will be okay, and have a speedy recovery, and that you have the strength to help that recovery along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that there are people who are thinking of you and your journey while you go through this time. Blessings too, along with gentle cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little jealous that the Smaller Portion is now the Smaller and Doped-up Portion...not that I'd wish the need for morphine on anyone. Still, if you have spare vials lying about the place...

    Great to hear recovery is positive. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Small Portion is recovering ok hang in there :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, DJan, Windsmoke, Mitzi: Thank you all lots. We are not out of the woods yet, but it at least looks possible which is more than it did on Monday. And I too am a little jealous about the morphine - just at the moment I can see the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to read that he's on the mend now.
    And how really nice of the ambo to visit him!
    I love morphine; had it once after major surgery....luckily I'm not the addictive type.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving us the update. Been thinking about you all day. It's a relief the situation sounds more stable today, although all those things...sound so dire to be going through, alas, for both of you. It's beyond words, really. Ugh. Cyber hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. River and Paper Chipmunk: The smaller portion is tough. His lungs have a habit of collapsing too (three times now). I didn't know that either lungs could collapse or bowels perforate of their own accord before I took up with him.
    We gather that he will have to have a colostomy for the next three to six months. Awful, but much better than the alternative. They had him walking briefly today too. Very briefly. Next step I guess is eating. So keep all those digits crossed for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of your troubles - hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's all so terrible. I'm so sorry this happened to you on top of your own health woes. Is there anything from afar I could do to help? This must be scary to you. Would be to me. What is health care like in Australia? Will it put you into debt? Such a thing would here. I hope it is better there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red Nomad OZ: Welcome, sorry you stopped by at such a difficult time.
    Stayer: It is nasty, but we will survive. And no, we won't go into debt over the medical expenses which is a relief because we really had no options. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the SP is on the mend, I knew he would pull through, being tough himself, and with the support of an indomitable force like yourself! But that story of the ambulance driver would reduce the toughest of us to tears. It's always good to hear of the good side of human nature for a change! All the best to you and yours, me dear. I'm sure everyone here understands if the Blogosphere must defer for a while to more important matters in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two Tigers: Thanks. It is a bit one step forward two steps back at the moment, but there is still hope.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is good he is on the mend...that thing of having to get into the hospital to be there is seven is not cool. There really should be a better way, and it really shouldn't be so hard for us to get the information that we want and need.

    Hope the recovery is the smoothest it can possibly be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, how heart-warming that the ambulance driver visited... Healing thoughts your way from me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless you and your dear one, sweet friend!!!!!!!





    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete